Sunday, September 25, 2011

Personal Childhood Web

Elosie Parr, Grandmother:

My grandmother was the person that always made sure that my sisters and I were taken care of .  My grandmother loves her family and would let you sleep on the floor to get you out of the cold.  The moments that play in my mind with my grandmother consist of me sitting on the edge of her bed while she watched her stories. 

Qiana Mitchell, big sister:

My oldest sister was a very positive and encouraging person in my life.  She was the first of my mother's children to attend college and graduate within four years.  My sister gave me lots of encouragement and the belief that I could accomplish great things through hard work.  The moments that I cherish with my sister are the times we spent together on the basketball team.  Being in the same gym with my sister watching her put her all in something she loved gave me an early sense of what passion was.  Her passion for basketball shined as bright as I want my passion for teaching to shine.

Jeniffer and Roderick Caldwell, aunt and uncle:


My aunt was a person that looked for and found the positive in every situation.  She was like a mother figure in my life as I was growing up and made sure that I had the necessities in life.   She was my rock while growing up.  Although she and my uncle had children of their own they did not hesitate to treat me as one of their own.  I feel that they are why I was able to make it as far in life as I have. 

George F. Mitchell, Dad:
My dad was a cool, calm, and laid back person that I could always go talk to.  I was able to go to my dad and talk to him about anything that was on my heart and he would listen and provide advice as he seen fit.  He always made sure to let my sisters and I know that he loved us.  When I think about him I think about the long rides we took to the country just spending time together talking or enjoying one another's company. I love going to the Mississippi River with him standing by the river skipping rocks.



Cal Johnson, freshman basketball coach:
Cal Johnson was my freshman basketball coach.  He was a remarkable person in my life and I give thanks to him for where I am in my life right now.  He was a person that looked at people for not who they were but for who he knew they could become and I feel that at he was a person that gave me great courage and confidence.  When I think about him I hear this one thing that he said to me "Don't quit until you get your master's" and although these words were spoken to me over 7 years ago they still sound to me like they were spoken yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment