Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sharing Web Resources

logo
http://nbcdi.org/

The organization that I chose to subscribe to was the National Black Child Development Institue. I chose this organization because this was an organization that proves to be beneficial to my current and past community. The organization focuses on providing the most beneficial help to black families and their children. This organization acts as an advocacy center/focused on the development of healthy black children.  NBCDI's mission is –“To improve and advance the lives of black children and their families through education and advocacy.” .

A current issue that causght my attention was the great support that was shown to NBCDI from Walmart.  NBCDI received 300K from Walmart in support of their mission of helping advance families through educating and informing families.  The money is to be used to assist families in creating positive nutrition habits among black families. Over 300,000 people will benefit from the donation provided. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharee,

    Thank you for sharing your resource! NBCDI looks like a great resource to support African American children and families. Your post has prompted me to seek out a resource for Hispanic families because 85% of the families at my school are Hispanic.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sharee!!

    I am very interested in this organization! I look forward to reading your posts each week!

    I think it is amazing that Walmart gave that amount of money to help families develop better nutrition habits.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharee,
      It is good to know that there are businesses that will invest in helping the families by providing the funding so that they can get the care they may need.
      Sandra

      Delete